Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs research activities involving live animals (mice).
- Culture human and murine cell lines, cell transfection to overexpress proteins, silence target gene(s), confirm transfection efficiency by RT-PCR and/or Western Bloatting, co-immunoprecipaitaion protiens complex.
- Analyzes and identifies potential sumoylated proteins from ethanol feeding mice liver by mass spectrometry.
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Keeps appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) certification
- 0-2 years postdoctoral experience, preferably related to liver and/or digestive diseases.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Tomasi Lab - Division of Digestive & Liver Diseases
- Department: Home Dept - Medicine Research
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map