As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital. It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation. We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Project Management team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency. Requirements:
• Bachelors in Healthcare Science, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field
• 1 or more years of experience in healthcare quality, process improvement, and/or labor/supply management
• Experience with MS Office suite including demonstrated proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, advanced formulas, etc). Experience with pulling data from MS Access or SQL Server is highly desirable
• Process minded with familiarity with Lean and Six Sigma (specifically the DMAIC process). Experience implementing a Six Sigma project is highly desirable
• Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders; hold stakeholder accountable for performance metrics
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, customer relationship, and communication (written and verbal) skills The Ideal Candidate:
• Continuously challenges the status quo and provides out of the box solutions to improve existing department processes
• Has a knack for solving complex data analytical problems
• Can handle working on multiple projects simultaneously as is comfortable with changing priorities
• Has a continuous learning mentality
• Has the ability to format and present complex information/data in an easy to understand way for executives
• Is very detail oriented and can independently identify discrepancies between two different reports and work to resolve the issue Responsibilities:
1. Provides analytical support to Project Management office and management team with respect to labor and productivity management, supply chain, revenue and growth, medical and quality management, and other initiatives as required.
2. Build a thorough understanding of all available data sources and understands variances between these sources. Generate concise and accurate trends, reports, presentations for display and dissemination as required from above data sources.
3. Develop, maintain and manage databases, spreadsheets, reports as needed to support the functions of the project management office and its goals
4. Develops and maintains a close relationship with hospital management in an effort to support the implementation of the various initiatives (labor, supply, medical management, etc)
5. Work to streamline recurring reports, presentations, and any other data management process
6. Takes the initiative to identify gaps and develop recommendations to create efficiencies through system enhancements, process improvements, work measurements, etc
7. Research issues thoroughly and recommends actions using information identified through data analysis. Anticipates any upcoming situations / issues and proposes an action plan to address it
8. Prepares special reports as required or upon request, summarizing data from various sources.
9. Analyze data and trends and create actionable reports with identification of improvement opportunities
10. Help develop/ update dashboards and reports.
11. Prepare graphic representations of results and make presentations to management and others, as needed. 12. Develop and present provider specific quality data reports that can be effectively used to modify clinical behavior 13. Acts as a project manager for hospital initiatives that improve processes, lower costs, and/or enhances healthcare quality We offer: An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth Competitive salary and savings plan with company match A variety of health, dental and vision plans On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!