Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. The Lead LVN supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing patient care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assists with administrative and clinical operations of the medical practice(s).
- Helps to assure that staff meets necessary certifications and licensing requirements.
- Assists with and, as necessary, performs administrative functions to include answering and handling telephone calls for patient care matters, chart preparation for clinical care and assisting with appointment scheduling.
- Assists with controlling wage and non-wage expenses including pharmacy and medical supplies.
- Works in a collaborative role with other leads, managers and related offices or organizations.
- Greet patients and oversees patient care flow, taking a leadership role within the suite.
- Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications in the electronic health record (EHR) as needed.
- Takes appropriate vital signs, records in EHR, sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed and performs designated diagnostic tests, draw and prepare designated lab work and/or specimens.
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications.
- Assist in follow-up scheduling needs, answer patient calls, questions and addresses problems in timely fashion.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources and liaison with other departments, facilities and hospital.
- Acts as a role model in providing care; precepts new staff and provides orientation and training for new clinical staff.
- Assess workflow of medical assistant and/or nursing staff, covering absences, illnesses, breaks and trains staff.
- Assist in oversight of quality measures for suites, transcribe the physician dictated patient history, physical examination findings and laboratory results.
- Prepare and edit scribed document for physician review and signature.
- LVN license required.
- IV/Phlebotomy Certified required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Certification from accredited school and current California LVN licensure to practice required.
- 3 - 5 or more years of experience in outpatient medical setting with lead experience preferred.
- Knowledge to set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Knowledge on how to prepare patient for office visit/procedures, perform vital signs and accurately document and record significant data.
- Knowledge to prepare and collect lab work/specimens for pick up and cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
- Knowledge to determine current medications that patient is using and record accurately.
- Knowledge to perform and record quality care testing on designated equipment and determine areas needing improvement.
- Ability to schedule appropriate visits for phlebotomy, testing or other procedures.
- Ability to handle provider correspondence and communications as related to clinical care.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft office, IDX, or other computerized practice management
- Working Title: Lead LVN - Internal Medicine
- Department: Wil-Rob IM
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map