Course Cost: $90
American Red Cross CPR / First Aid / AED (Pediatric and Adult)
Knowing how to properly respond to an emergency using CPR and First Aid can mean the difference between life and death for the victim. More and more employers in every career field are strongly urging or requiring their employees to have CPR Certification. PSI can provide you with the highest quality CPR and First Aid Certification training available.
Police Science Institute provides a basic First Aid and CPR training program designed and taught by professional emergency care providers. This class will cover all the topics you need to become CPR and First Aid Certified.
Some of the topics covered in this class are:
- Bloodborne Pathogen Safety
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR
- How to recognize and respond to heart attack and stroke.
- Hypothermia / Drowning
- Control Bleeding and Shock, recognize internal bleeding
- Choking and Airway Obstructions in adults, children and infants
- Head Injuries
- Eye Trauma
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Respiratory Emergencies such as asthma
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Seizures and Fainting
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Poisoning and Substance Abuse
- Heat-related emergencies such as heat stroke
- Cold-related emergencies such as hypothermia
- Bites and stings, including dog, snake, spider and tick
- How to build a proper first aid kit
*Please call (559) 537-5000 to Pre-Register