FIND YOUR PURPOSE in our mission-driven community-focused organization! We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, inclusive and empowering workplace.
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) seeks to fill both Adult and Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist roles. Under the direction of the Psychiatry Department Chair, the Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric care within the MAHEC Center for Psychiatry and Mental Wellness and other assigned locations as needed. The Psychiatrist will also provide supervision for psychiatric residents in the outpatient setting. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluate patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; reviewing medical history and related documents; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
• Develop treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establish treatment goals and methodologies.
• Maintain interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consult and collaborate with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers
• Consult with other MAHEC physicians or nurse practitioners to ensure physical care needs are addressed and makes appropriate referrals and aftercare recommendations, as needed; provide suicide/homicide assessments.
• Provide teaching, training and supervision of medical students, residents, fellows and/or advanced practice clinical students, as assigned; may be assigned to mentor junior staff.
• Development and delivery of in-service training for primary care-based providers and staff regarding recognition and treatment of behavioral health conditions in primary care.
• Assure quality and safe service for patients and staff by complying with policies, procedures, standards, rules, AAAHC requirements, and legal regulations; participate in utilization reviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and Spanish/English bilingual persons are strongly encouraged to apply. MAHEC is a non-profit organization and Certified Living Wage employer.