First of its kind!
The first internal medicine residency program in Southwest Washington will soon launch at Legacy Health’s newest hospital, Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center. The Legacy Salmon Creek Internal Medicine Residency is expected to launch by the summer of 2021. We are seeking a skilled, outpatient-focused internal medicine program director to shape this innovative program.
Legacy Health offers a quality work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to include hire on bonus and relocation allowance.
Functions as the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Training Program of Legacy Health while meeting all the requirements for the position of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and the American Board of Internal Medicine. Provides supervision to the Associate Program Directors of the Program. Responsible for teaching, research, patient care and administrative duties under the direction of the Clinical Vice President of Medical Education. Teaches and supervises resident physicians and students and provides administrative direction to the Training Program. Serves in a clinical role within an outpatient, inpatient and/or sub-specialty medicine setting.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Approved residency in Internal Medicine
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or current certification in the specialty specific certification that is acceptable to ACGME’s Review Committee
- Medical License for the applicable state
- Documented clinical, academic, and administrative experience to ensure effective implementation of program requirements of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Minimum five-years participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency program, including a minimum of three years graduate medical education administrative experience