Assistant Professor or Higher-(Pulmonology)
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching and service, some variation by academic unit
- Provides medical intensive care unit coverage and inpatient consultation services
- Supervises and teaches students and residents in both inpatient and outpatient care
- Participates in academic activities in the areas of education, clinical care and research
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Exhibits teamwork orientation and acts as a team player
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with Paul L. Foster School of Medicine Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibilities
Minimum Hire Rate
- Board certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certification in Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Experience teaching Medical Students, Residents and Fellows
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of associate professor or higher
HSC - El Paso
Internal Medicine Elp Genl
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Licensed or eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited residency training in internal medicine
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited fellowship training in pulmonary disease and Critical Care Medicine
Does this position work in a research laboratory?